Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Vacation in February!

Ah, the smell of the cool Winter air and the overcast skies over the lake.  This week, we decided to take a week-long break and went "camping" at the lake.  I know, February is not your typical vacation month but the price was right and we had not been anywhere in awhile.  Aside from the fact that we started our drive while we still had flu-sick people, it ended up going all right and we made it safely to our destination.  One of the benefits of homeschooling this year is that we were able to just pack it all up and do school while on vacation. 







I love the sound of my little people busily making mud-pies in the front yard of our rental cabin while I bake the cookies














The sunset above the lake is breathtaking in the afternoon



Living here this week has definitely made me appreciate a more laid-back, minimalist lifestyle.  Next week starts the first post in my Purge Project series.  My first project will be tackling our overstuffed linen closet.  Check back in to see the finished results of this organizing project!

No comments:

Post a Comment